Wildfire was a police horse in Las Vegas prior to the Las Vegas outbreak. During the outbreak Wildfire was bitten and converted into a zombie and was taken in by Zeus as his personal steed. Even as a zombie, Wildfire's cognitive abilities did not seem to decline as human shamblers' do, so it was most likely Zeus who bit him.
- Wildfire was portrayed by a real horse named Ace.
- Gabe Bartalos led the makeup/effects team for the zombie horse costume.
- Army of the Dead storyboard artist Clay Staub confirms the zombie horse is named Wildfire - Twitter
- Behind the FX of Army of the Dead's Zombie Horse - Netflix on YouTube
- Shay Hatten, Zack Snyder, Joby Harold (writers) & Zack Snyder (director) (May 14, 2021). Army of the Dead.